Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) | Lawrence Area Pay Rate: $18.00 per hour re you looking for a flexible job that is rewarding? Are you a CMA in the Lawrence area? Local family business Interim Healthcare of Lawrence is looking for CMA's that want to join our growing team! This position would be in our facilities in the local Lawrence area. If you are interested in this position & an Interim Career, apply today - we would love to talk with you! General Purpose:
The Certified Medication Aide is responsible for the tasks of personal care and incidental activities of daily living for patients of all ages in inpatient facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes and other institutions. Performs care and delegated tasks as directed by the nursing plan of care and/or supervisor as permitted by policies and procedures of the facility and allowed under state law/regulation. Company Overview:
The Stehley Family has locally owned and operated Interim Healthcare in the State of Kansas for 42 years. Interim Healthcare of Topeka, Manhattan, and Lawrence is the only agency in these areas that offers the full continuum of care - which consists of Home Health, Hospice, Private Duty, and Staffing Services. Our Mission Statement is 'We Improve People's Lives', and that is the core of what we believe in here at Interim Healthcare. If you are looking to join a company that is growing & has a family culture, this may be the job you have been looking for! Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner. Benefits:
· Locally Owned And Operated
· Health Coverage (If Full-Time Status)
· Dental Coverage
· Vision Coverage
· Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
· Competitive Salary and Benefits
· Paid Holidays
· Life Insurance
· Free Education Courses Essential Functions:
· Provides for patient’s personal hygiene, grooming, and comfort needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, backrubs, shampoos, shaves, bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail care, and oral hygiene.
· Certified medication aides administer medication to patients per doctors’ prescriptions, observing correct times to dispense these medications. This includes dispensing oral, topical, and other types of medication.
· Certified medication aides supervise patients as they administer their own medication, ensuring that all prescriptions are taken properly and that dosage instructions are followed. CMAs also observe patients, noting any changes to their appearance or behavior, and answer questions about medications from patients and family members.
· Promotes a safe environment during care.
· Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and use of personal protective equipment.
· Observes and reports the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor.
· Works in a team environment to effectively deliver the care and assistance to patients and staff.
· Assists with ambulation, transfers and range of motion exercises.
· Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to: measuring and documenting intake and output; blood glucose monitoring; urine specimen collections; measurements of vital signs; and weight.
· Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths.
· Safely applies and monitors the safe use of physical restraints as directed.
· Transports patients and equipment within the facility as necessary.
· Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
· May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department. Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
· Must be 18 years of age.
· High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of Nursing Assistant course and Nurse Assistant certification as required by state in which employed.
· A student RN in the last year of school or an unlicensed RN/LPN/LVN graduate may be eligible for employment as a Nurses Aide as allowable under state law/regulation.
· One (1) year experience in a comparable job classification and/or as required by contracted facility. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Pass criminal and abuse background checks, when required by the State(s) in which employed.
· Able to communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical individuals.
· Able to read and interpret technical instructions; use vision and hearing to observe the patient.
· Requires hand-eye coordination and fine motor function necessary to assist in the operation of patient care equipment.
· Evidence of current CPR/BLS training for infants, children and adults.
· Able to provide COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation
· Able to provide proof of a valid driver’s license, if applicable.
· Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle.
· Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care, as appropriate. Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
· Work is normally performed in clinics, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, patient homes or occupational settings.
· Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g. face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
· Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing.
· Ability to stretch, bend, stoop, twist, stand, sit, walk, reach and climb stairs.
· Medium physical activity that may require constant lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS