Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Experienced forklift operators can start at $25.15/hour
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 10 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Move trailers throughout the property
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand, as needed
- Efficiently load freight a minimum of 1 day per week
- Operate a hostler in all types of weather; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Safely operate heavy equipment, including a converter dolly
- Work in a safe, efficient manner while adhering to company safety policies
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- To pass a company-paid, post-offer, pre-hire (physical essential functions) test
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely operate heavy equipment, including moving, positioning and connecting/disconnecting a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Location/Region: Kansas City, KS (66115)