Core Faculty opportunity to join the University of Kansas School of Medicine – Wichita (KUSM-Wichita) family medicine residency program based at Wesley Medical Center
- BE/BC family medicine with ACGME accredited residency
- Provide ambulatory, inpatient and obstetric care
- Ability to obtain Kansas licensure
- J1 and cap-exempt H1-B visa holders welcomed
- Excellent first year base salary plus Productivity Component
- Comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits allowing customization to meet your family’s needs
- Relocation and immigration legal expense assistance
About the Wesley Family Medicine Residency Program/Wesley Medical Center:
- The Wesley Family Medicine residency is one of the oldest and most respected programs in the country.
- Residency founder G. Gayle Stephens MD developed the core tenets of family medicine education—including integration of behavioral health--that became the blueprint for the original family medicine ACGME accreditation requirements.
- Procedure-heavy curriculum with faculty teaching colonoscopy, colposcopy, vasectomies and stress treadmills.
- Strong local and statewide support for family medicine in Kansas with an active state academy and family physician leaders throughout the state. Leadership development and advocacy is supported.
- Robust faculty development and scholarship opportunities. Strong research department for interested physicians.
- Recruitment is supported by Wesley Medical Center, a 712-bed, 102-bassinet level 1 trauma center drawing from 2/3rds of Kansas and parts of contiguous states.
Wichita is Kansas’ largest city, home to 600K+ in the greater metro area. The average single-family home cost is 30% below the national median, cost of living 10+% percent below the national average. As an industrial hub, Wichita is a regional center of culture, media and trade. It hosts several universities, large museums, theaters, parts, shopping center and entertainment venues. Healthcare is Wichita’s second-largest industry. Wichita has developed a national reputation in the U.S. media as an affordable and pleasant place to live.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS