Anderson County Hospital is seeking a Board Certified/Eligible Family Medicine Physician to join our Rural Health Clinic team!
- 12-bed rural critical access hospital
- 1 family practice clinic
- Part of large health system (Saint Luke’s Health System)
- Strong compensation model that includes starting bonus and relocation bonus
- Guaranteed salary with opportunity to bonus
- Flexible working hours with administrative time
- Competitive medical and retirement benefits
- Ability to enhance practice scope in rural setting
- Student Loan Repayment
About Anderson County Hospital:
- Founded in 1951, Anderson County Hospital is a 12-bed critical access hospital that serves patients in Garnett, Kansas, and the surrounding communities. With a modern facility built in 2015, patients benefit from the latest advances in health care while staying close to home.
- Anderson County Hospital consistently ranks among the highest in the nation for customer satisfaction. With nearly 210 employees, Anderson County Hospital is one of the larger employers in the area. The hospital has an emergency department that is staffed 24 hours with a provider onsite. It is designated at a Level IV Trauma Center. Hospital services also include acute inpatient and skilled nursing care with a hospitalist program, outpatient and inpatient surgeries, rehabilitation services, on-site laboratory and advanced imaging including nuclear medicine and 3D mammography, and has a senior life solutions program that caters to seniors mental health and wellbeing. Outreach specialty clinics offers patients access to specialists in 18 areas including cardiology, rheumatology, podiatry, pulmonology, neurology, and more.
- Quality family care is available at the Family Care Center, located adjacent to the hospital. Anderson County Hospital’s 30-bed Residential Living Center is the only long-term care community in the area physically connected to a hospital, providing added safety and convenience with all the comforts of home.
About Anderson County:
- Anderson County has a population of 7,800, with Garnett as the largest community and county seat. Just 50 miles south of Lawrence, Kansas, and 50 miles southwest of the Kansas City metro area, Garnett is most famous for the “ghost track,” a true road course that encircles Lake Garnett with a tremendous sports car racing history. Garnett’s picturesque historic courthouse square is surrounded by quaint shops and restaurants. The town’s oldest church houses the community dinner theater, with an art museum and historic bed and breakfast nearby. Garnett is the midway point along the Prairie Spirit Rail Trail State Park, a 52-mile hiking and biking trail. With three lakes and over 1,000 acres of parks, outdoor activities are abundant and include camping, boating, kayaking, fishing, a go-kart track, gun range, sporting clay facility, golf course, and disc golf course. The community recreation center and swimming pool are located near the Anderson County fairgrounds. Anderson County plays host to an incredible number of community events and festivals throughout the year, including Cornstalk, a large, annual outdoor country music festival held each fall.
ABOUT SAINT LUKE’S HEALTH SYSTEM:
Saint Luke’s Health System consists of 16 area hospitals and several primary and specialty care practices, and provides a range of inpatient, outpatient, and home care services. Founded as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, our mission includes a commitment to the highest levels of excellence in health care and the advancement of medical research and education. The health system is an aligned organization in which the physicians and hospitals assume responsibility for enhancing the physical, mental, and spiritual health of people in the metropolitan Kansas City area and the surrounding region.
Location/Region: Garnett, KS (66032)