Research Faculty, Center for Wellbeing
The Center for Wellbeing is seeking a research faculty member to be responsible for oversight, development, and participation in research and scholarly activities that contribute to the field of wellbeing, mental health, resilience, mindfulness, and burnout knowledge. Efforts will be conducted in collaboration with the Center for Wellbeing team and other departments throughout the organization. The selected individual will:
- Educate psychologists, students, trainees, and allied health professionals on how to identify and manage signs of burnout.
- Conduct assessments of all new and existing Center for Wellbeing programs.
- Participate in administrative activities and promotes fiscal responsibility.
- Participate in hospital medical staff, committees, and activities to represent the Center for Wellbeing.
- Maintain and update skills as a psychologist, educator, investigator, and administrator.
- Be a member of the hospital’s crisis intervention team; providing support to individuals and teams.
- Engage in independent scholarly activity; and supports and facilitates competitive research at the hospital.
- Share our unwavering commitment to excellence, integrity, collegiality, antiracism, and respect for inclusion of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
Qualified individuals will hold a doctoral level degree (MD, DO, PharmD, PhD, DSc and/or DVM), must have experience collaborating with and teaching biomedical researchers, teaching and curriculum development; ability to interact with and assist professional staff and faculty at all levels; must have strong written and verbal communication skills, enabling them to communicate effectively with people from diverse scientific backgrounds; and demonstrate the ability to produce high-quality research work independently.
The successful applicant must share our unwavering commitment to excellence, integrity, collegiality, antiracism, and respect for inclusion of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
Children’s Mercy Kansas City is an independent, non-profit, 390-bed pediatric health system, providing over half a million patient encounters each year for children from across the country. Children’s Mercy is ranked by U.S. News & World Report in nine specialties. We have received Magnet® recognition five times for excellence in nursing services. In affiliation with the University of Missouri-Kansas City and the University of Kansas, our faculty of nearly 800 pediatric specialists and researchers are actively involved in clinical care, pediatric research and educating the next generation of pediatricians and pediatric subspecialists.
The Children’s Mercy Research Institute (CMRI) integrates research and clinical care with nationally recognized expertise in genomic medicine, precision therapeutics, population health and health care innovation. In 2021, the CMRI moved into a nine story, 375,000 square foot space emphasizing a translational approach to research in which clinicians and researchers work together to accelerate the pace of discovery that enhances care. We invite you to visit Children’s Mercy Hospital virtually at cmkc.link/PhysicianTour
For more information about Children’s Mercy Kansas City and about Kansas City itself, visit
Kansas City is a thriving cultural and economic city with more than 2 million residents. Our city’s long list of attractions includes world class museums, a vibrant arts scene, professional sports, superb shopping, great jazz clubs, and the best places to enjoy barbeque! The city offers low cost-of-living, excellent commute times, and a vibrant downtown, eight-block dining, entertainment and shopping district. Kansas City offers excellent opportunities for both public and private school venues and is home to several colleges and universities. It’s a community with a heart – friendly, easy-going and forward-thinking – a great place to live and pursue a career. For more information about activities in Kansas City go to www.visitkc.com
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (64108)