ASK ABOUT OUR $750 SIGN ON BONUS! EARN BASE PAY $16.00-$21.00 PER HOUR
Founded in 1923, The Yarco Companies, is a full-service, multi-family real estate firm that delivers highly specialized Property Management Services, and focuses primarily on Affordable Housing. To learn more about our company visit www.yarco.com.
Yarco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
This safety sensitive position will assist and work with the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager to perform the necessary repairs and preventive maintenance throughout the entire community. This position is responsible for maintenance of the residential apartment’s homes, public space, outside grounds and equipment.
Each community location has pre-designated office hours which this position will need to accompany to ensure community operations are functioning effectively.
Community Appearance/Upkeep: Assist in maintaining the physical condition of the community according to company standards and operating safety standards. Make drywall repairs when necessary. Exterior painting updates on the property. Paint common areas on property, such as hallways, doors, railing, etc.
Make Ready: Assist in preparing vacant units for rent ready condition as required. Responsible for bringing units up to market-ready condition in accordance to company standards.
Customer Service: Ensure that the resident property meets and exceeds company standards for resident satisfaction and available for on-call emergencies per Community Manager's request.
Perform other duties as needed.
Essential Mental Alertness Requirements:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short-term memory
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Experience: One-year full-time painting experience.
Physical & Cognitive: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 100 pounds.
If job includes or may include driving for company business:
- Driver must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record with company insurance carrier
- Driver must have reliable means of transportation
- Driver must have the ability to be insurable at standard rates for driving.
- Driver must provide proof of personal auto liability insurance when using vehicles for company business
To be hired, candidates will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, drug screen, and a physical demand analysis; when applicable.
Location/Region: Overland Park, KS (66223)