This position supports the Legal departments mission and FHLBank Management by providing accurate and timely legal advice, assistance and direction, performing independent legal research, preparing business-oriented legal memoranda, and reviewing or drafting high quality legal documentation concerning a wide range of legal matters, including: lending, credit and collateral; contract review and revision; vendor management; legislative and regulatory review and analysis; drafting and revision of FHLBank policies; and capital markets transactions.
- A minimum of three to five years of corporate legal experience.
- Juris Doctorate degree is required.
- Must be admitted to the Bar of any state.
- If not admitted in Kansas, must be admitted to the Kansas Bar within one year of employment and maintain good standing in Kansas.
- Excellent legal research and drafting skills, including Westlaw legal research.
- Thorough understanding of secured lending and the Uniform Commercial Code preferred.
- Capital markets experience a plus. Proficient use of computer programs and databases, including MS Word, Outlook, and SharePoint, and various FHLBank databases.
- Ability to motivate and persuade others through both written and oral communications.
- Ability to identify and analyze legal issues.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to operate all types of office equipment including computer, copy machine, scanner and telephone.
- Ability to work hours needed to meet the demands of the job.
FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932 FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer.
We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS