This position may be filled at a level I or II depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This position is responsible for: (1) accounting and reconciliation processes for
FHLBank's mortgage loan portfolio and related mortgage loan products; (2) required reporting and disclosure on mortgage loan information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) requirements; (3) interface and interaction with other departments, including Product Administration and Credit Analytics, and the MPF Provider to obtain necessary information for mortgage loan accounting, reporting and disclosure; and (4) assisting with the FHLBank’s accounts payable and cash disbursements function.
Additional qualifications required for the level II:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or bachelor's degree in other field plus equivalent work experience is required.
- One to three years of similar or related experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories is required.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan accounting is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office products including Word, Access and Excel, and software accounting applications.
- Previous experience with accounting reconcilements and working with daily deadlines is preferred.
- Efficient 10-key operation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and travel independently, as well as work the number of hours required to meet the demands of the job.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan accounting is required.
- At least three years of previous experience with accounting reconcilements and working with daily deadlines is required.
FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
Find more details & apply online:
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS