Academic Family Medicine – Geriatrician
Region’s premier academic medical center
For the 11th year, The University of Kansas Hospital’s Geriatrics program is ranked among the nation’s top 50 hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
The Department of Family Medicine at The University of Kansas Health System is seeking a passionate geriatric leader to join our team of physicians at the Landon Center on Aging.
- Positive atmosphere of collegiality and collaboration
- Outpatient clinic and consultations only
- Supervise and teach medical students, residents, fellows and interprofessional students
- Pre-established patient panel with room to grow the practice.
- Supported by a full complement of consult specialists from The University of Kansas Health System
- Call not required
- Board-certified or board-eligible in family medicine
- Fellowship-trained in geriatrics
- Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in Kansas
- Strong teaching and leadership skills
- Minimum 1 year experience (preferred)
The University of Kansas Hospital
- 923-bed academic medical center
- Region’s most experienced nationally verified Level I Trauma Center
- Since 2007, recognized among U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals
- Consistently earns national recognition for outstanding quality and safety
- Magnet-designated by ANCC since 2006
- The University of Kansas Cancer Center is an NCI-designated cancer center
- Official healthcare provider for the Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, Kansas Speedway and T-Mobile Center
- Kansas City metro area has a population of greater than 2 million.
- Awarded America’s 4th Most Cultured City by Travel + Leisure magazine.
- Outdoor activities year-round with more than 600 parks and 24 public lakes.
- Amazing food – from KC barbeque to local farm-fresh fare and ethnic varieties.
- Robust art scene -museums/symphony/ballet/theater and more.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Location/Region: Kansas City, KS (66160)