Objective of Position:
The Contract Administrators principal objective is to assist with the planning, directing, and coordinating the activities in relation to the construction and pavement of heavy/highway projects, utility infrastructure installation, and other related projects. The Contract Administrator will participate in the construction project and assist in overseeing its organization, scheduling and implementation to ensure it is on time and on budget.
Authority: The Contract Administrator derives authority from the Project Manager and is granted full authority to carry out the duties as set forth in the job description.
Responsibility: The Contract Administrator is directly responsible to the Project Manager for the proper discharge of his/her duties. Supervisory Responsibility: None.
For the Contract Administrator to fulfill the objective of the position, these principal duties must be properly performed:
- Provide leadership with information or materials necessary to ensure safety adherence to all required safety policies and procedures of the project.
- Have thorough knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Coordinate with Estimator for the proper handoff of each Project, collecting all documentation and maintaining detailed filing system for each Project.
- Issue submittals for materials and supplies and issuing proper POs in a timely manner to keep with timeline for Project.
- Assist with Job Requisition forms for the Project.
- Work with Project Manager and Director of Field Operations for scheduling of equipment and employees.
- Review all timecards / work orders for accuracy and coding.
- Assist Project Manager in formulating and tracking reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Bill out pay applications, change orders, and extra work.
- Assist Accounting Staff in the collection and submittal of proper documentation from subcontractors, suppliers, and customers.
- Assist with maintenance of owners, general contractors, suppliers, subcontractors, and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Obtain and submit all required submittals, shop drawings, order material.
- Work with Project Manager to facilitate any related utility work to be conducted for the job Assist with reviewing costs, write change orders, address field changes.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure all punch-list related items are complete to close out the job.
The above outline of duties is not arranged in order of priority. These duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather describe minimum activities. The duties will from time to time be altered by the Director of Field Operations to suit the needs of the company.
Education and Experience: Minimum of Associates Degree in Construction Management or 1-3 years experience in a similar position in the construction field.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have knowledge of administration, management, road construction materials, and utility construction.
- Ability to coordinate own and others actions, manage own time.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to problem-solve.
- Strong ability to communicate clear and precisely, both verbal and written.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and/or rainy weather.
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects.
- When working on site, will be required to wear common protective safety equipment.
: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
You may apply in person at 609 Perry Place, or send resume to PO Box 17, Perry, KS 66073.
Equal Opportunity Employer