FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
Investment, Debt and Derivative Accountant
This position may be filled as a level I or II depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The individual in this position accounts for the FHLBank's investments, debt, derivatives and other related activities. Requires a significant level of judgment and interpretation as these financial instruments often include complex and non-standard terms that must be captured timely and properly accounted for from multiple sources and types of documents.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or four-year college degree plus equivalent work experience is required.
- One to three years of investment, debt and derivative accounting experience.
- CPA, CMA or CIDA certification is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of complex investment, debt and derivative transactions is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office products, including Access and Excel, accounting and other financial software applications.
- Strong accounting literature research ability.
- Efficient 10-key operation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and travel independently and operate all types of office equipment.
Level II - Same as Level I, plus the following:
- Three to five years of investment, debt and derivative accounting experience.
- CPA, CMA or CIDA certification is required.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, a state-of-the-art office building with a fitness center and on-site caf, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank's website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS