Speech Therapist (ST) | Home Health | PRN | Lawrence Area
Speech language pathology services are provided for diagnosing and treating speech and language disorders which result in communication disabilities, and for the diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders (dysphagia), as well as auditory rehabilitation.
The treatment and intervention provided is in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted standards of professional practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim HealthCare policies, procedures and clinical pathways.
Company Overview: The Stehley Family has locally owned and operated Interim Healthcare in the State of Kansas for 42 years.
Interim Healthcare of Topeka, Manhattan, and Lawrence is the only agency in these areas that offers the full continuum of care - which consists of Home Health, Hospice, Private Duty, and Staffing Services.
Our Mission Statement is 'We Improve People's Lives', and that is the core of what we believe in here at Interim Healthcare.
If you are looking to join a company that is growing & has a family culture, this may be the job you have been looking for! Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country.
That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.Benefits:
* Locally Owned And Operated
* Health Coverage (If Full-Time Status)
* Dental Coverage * Vision Coverage
* Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
* Competitive Salary and Benefits * Paid Holidays
* Life Insurance * 401k
* Free Education Courses Job Requirements
Speech Therapist Responsibilities Include:
* Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at appropriate time points as assigned.
* Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
* Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
* Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
* Regularly assesses changes in the patient’s status since the last visit/treatment day, and determines whether the planned services should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining revision orders from the physician as indicated.
* Counsels and educates the patient and family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established goals and in meeting healthcare related needs.
Job Requirements: * Licensed as a speech-language pathologist by the State in which the individual furnishes such services.
* Able to provide proof of current CPR certification, per organization-specific policy.
* Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.
* Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS (66047)