Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) | $23 - $25 / Hour | Staffing
Provides effective and efficient patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, applicable law and regulation, accepted standards of nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
Company Overview: The Stehley Family has locally owned and operated Interim Healthcare in the State of Kansas for 42 years.
Interim Healthcare of Topeka, Manhattan, and Lawrence is the only agency in these areas that offers the full continuum of care - which consists of Home Health, Hospice, Private Duty, and Staffing Services.
Our Mission Statement is 'We Improve People's Lives', and that is the core of what we believe in here at Interim Healthcare.
If you are looking to join a company that is growing & has a family culture, this may be the job you have been looking for! Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country.
That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.Benefits:
* Locally Owned And Operated
* Health Coverage (If Full-Time Status)
* Dental Coverage * Vision Coverage
* Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
* Competitive Salary and Benefits * Paid Holidays
* Life Insurance * 401k
* Free Education Courses
* Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
* Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
* Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
* Recognizes and reports changes in the patient’s condition to the RN supervisor.
* Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
* Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing patient’s progress.
* Assists the RN or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties.
* Assists the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
* Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
* Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
* Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
* Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
* Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
* Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
* Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
* Accesses protected health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Graduate of a practical (vocational) nursing program for LPN/LVN and has a current license as a LPN/LVN in the state(s) in which he/she practices
* At least 1200 hours of experience as an LPN/LVN or completion of the Office's preceptor program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Able to perform and provide evidence of current CPR certification for adults, children and infants.
* Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
* Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
* Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
* Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
* Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
* Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
* Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
* Work is normally performed in patient’s home, schools, or occupational settings.
* Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
* Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
* Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
* Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers or palm, e.g., manipulate pen, syringes, vials, knobs or objects.
* Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS (66047)