Sunflower Publishing, a division of Ogden Publications, Inc., is seeking a talented Graphic Designer who will specialize in building advertisements and managing client communications. This is a full-time position, targeted toward candidates looking to expand on a career in magazine publishing.
• Candidates should have two-plus years of graphic design experience, preferably in advertising or marketing design.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Visual Communications or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Have an understanding of marketing and ad design.
• Ability to accurately and comfortably communicate design/printing principles to advertising clients. Experience producing a high volume of design products using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Ability to communicate well over the telephone.
• Possess a working knowledge of the four-color printing process.
• Proficient in MS Office products. Ability to work efficiently and able to handle multiple projects under intense deadline pressure.
• Excellent organizational skills, follow-through and ability to multi-task. Successfully builds relationships with customers and coworkers.
• Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Create and design advertisements for Sunflower Publishing products using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as directed by clients, advertising executives and the Director.
• Follow accepted design and layout principles for Sunflower Publishing as well as company visual identity standards.
• Maintain quality, creative execution while on deadline.
• Develop and maintain all copy and proof deadlines for advertisements, using tracking tools.
• Assist, as needed, with marketing and publication design needs.
• Communicate with clients on the direction of advertisements and ad campaigns.
• Aid in the proofing process for all publications.
• Follow all department policies and procedures independently on a daily basis such as traffic guidelines, graphic standards and work flow processes.
If you have a strong interest in a publishing career with a company dedicated to quality publications, apply by sending a cover letter, resume and a link to your design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Production Manager
645 New Hampshire
Lawrence, KS 66044
Sunflower Publishing and Ogden Publications, Inc., offers training, a benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off and more. EOE
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS