Registered Nurse (RN) | Home Health Case Manager | Full Time | Lawrence & Topeka Area
To assure quality patient/client care and services are provided to in home clients.
Accountable for making decisions based on his/her educational preparation and experience in nursing.Essential Functions:
* Performs assessments and procedures, which require substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon principles of psychological, biological, physical and social sciences.
* Develops working relationships with discharge planners and social service workers.
* Assesses and reviews the matching of employee skills to client needs.
* Visits in home clients to evaluate the quality of care being provided and reviews clinical notes.
* Completes nursing initial and ongoing assessments of all in home clients within specified deadlines.
* Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
* Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
* Obtains physicians plans of treatment and orders, and initiates their execution.
* Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
* Counsels and educates the patient/client and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
* Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing the patient’s/client’s progress.
* Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient/client care and planning for discharge.
* Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
* Supervises paraprofessional and licensed professional team members.
* Secures equipment and supplies and coordinates placement for use in the home.
* Refers to other services as needed. * Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
* Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
* Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
* Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
* Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
* Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively manage an assigned patient population.
* Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities.
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she practices.
* Two (2) years of current nursing experience preferred.
* One (1) year management experience preferred.
* Preferred: Community health and a wide range of Medical-Surgical experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Able to perform and evidence of current CPR certification for adults, children and infants.
* Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.·
* Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
* Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
* Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
* Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
* Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
* Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
* Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Able to occasionally travel within geographic area serviced by office.
* Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.·
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment but may require frequent visits to patient/client homes.
* Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
* Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
* Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
* Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e.
manipulate pen, knobs or objects. * Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
Benefits * Locally Owned and Operated
* Free Education Courses * Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
* Competitive Salary and Benefits * Paid Time Off
* 401K * Health Coverage
* Dental Coverage * Paid Holidays
* Dependent Care Account * Flexible Spending Account
* Vision coverage Company Overview
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing.
We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further.
We offer the security of working for an established company.
Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country.
That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated.
©2019 Interim HealthCare Inc.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS (66604)