Starting Salary Range: $61,024 to $67,127 Annually, D.O.Q.
Application Review Begins: 2/15/21, Open Until Filled
The Finance department is a progressive, fast-pace department committed to building and maintaining public trust and providing transparent, easy access to relevant, accurate data for budgeting and decision-making. We are looking for an innovative, engaged employee to join our team that is excited about local government and supporting the City's strategic planning efforts to provide sound fiscal stewardship and create a community where all enjoy life and feel at home.
The Budget Analyst will have a variety of assignments and work closely with assigned departments to set budget priorities and assist in the preparation and administration of the annual budget for all assigned funds including the 5-year Capital Improvement Plan, Vehicle & Equipment Replacement Plan, and Maintenance Plan. Additional duties include monitoring and analyzing revenue and expenditure forecasts, collecting and analyzing performance measures of all assigned City programs, and preparing monthly budget to actual reports and analysis.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Equivalent to a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business or public administration or a related field.
- A Masters degree in public administration or a related field preferred.
- Three years increasingly responsible experience in public administration, business administration or a related field.
- Self-motivation, hardworking and good oral and written communication skills are a must for the position.
- The incumbent must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in cross-discipline work teams.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check and post offer City physical and drug screen.
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street,
PO Box 708
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS