Description Accountemps is looking to hire a skilled Accounting Clerk for an expanding organization. The Accounting Clerk will handle a high volume of transactional based work, to include the processing of electronic payments and remittances in a deadline driven environment.
- Regulate transaction documents, which may require a rewriting of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
- Categorize documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
- Aid Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching filing
- Compose statements and reports that require utilization of a wide collection of sources
- Oversee budgets and originate or verify adjustments and transfers
- Contribute to Accounts Receivable: help with collection of past due balance, process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt
- Circulate financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- General accounting and administration aid: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Remedy discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
If you, or someone you know, is interested and immediately available, please send your updated resume to [email protected] Requirements - Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- Command of Microsoft Excel
- Comprehensive knowledge of data entry
- Strong familiarity with electronic funds transfer, file transfers and/or file uploads. Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Overland Park, KS (US)