Purpose: The Process Technician is responsible for general operation and manufacturing of products. Technicians must meet manufacturing goals in the areas of safety, quality, production and efficiency. Ability to set up and provide indirect supervision to packers operating multiple production lines. This is a key position with opportunity for training, development, and career growth.
At Berry, we are committed to our mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue, we are a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. We operate over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employ over 48,000 individuals.
Are you looking for an inclusive organization with a fast-paced environment? We work with many of the world’s leading brands to bring them value-added protection solutions. We foster an environment of team players who embrace our strong ties to the communities in which we work and serve. Become part of a place where your work is valued. Join our growing team today.
- Be a role model of our Values (Partnerships, Excellence, Growth and Safety) and Behaviors (United, Focused, Accountable and Agile).
- Work with production equipment to maximize run times.
- Mechanical aptitude to be able to troubleshoot issues and perform minor repairs.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and overall maintenance of the equipment.
- Communicate and work with equipment operators, product operators, fellow technicians, other departments and leadership to keep them informed of maintenance problems and activities.
- Assist and participate in the training programs and on the job training to develop a skilled and efficient team
- Assist the Leadership in ensuring that all activities are performed safely, and good housekeeping practices and procedures are followed
- All other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good reading comprehension and math skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow rules and procedures
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Timely and accurate communication skills
- Willingness to make decisions, act upon them and accept accountability
- High initiative, quick learner
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Commitment to working safely
- HS Diploma/GED
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to successfully complete all post-employment, pre-employment contingencies
- Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
- Computer skills
- Must provide basic tools
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques. Ability to lift a maximum of 35 pounds
- Able to work around Grease, oils, inks and solvents without adverse reaction.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders.
- Able to stand, walk, bend, or stoop through an entire shift
- Good manual dexterity of arms and fingers
- 20/20 vision with correction
- Able to differentiate between colors
- Benefits: Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal Days, Medical, Dental and Vision, Profit Sharing bonus, 401K, $600 hiring incentive after 6 months employment.
- Must adhere to plant attendance policy
- Practicing under International Organization for Standardization, Safe Quality Food (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices and Regulatory Food Safety Program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS