Job Title: Family Medicine (MD/DO) Physician - Topeka, KS / Relocation Bonus Eligible
Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Chief Medical Officer
Supervision Responsibilities: Yes
Essential Role: Provides professional medical services to complement the delivery of primary health care services at GraceMed Health Clinic; provides clinical leadership and supervision of midlevel providers and medical support staff.
Salary/Benefits: GraceMed offers the following competitive salary and traditional benefit options; Base Salary, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, participation in 403b retirement with matching, Paid CME/CDE, health, dental, and vision insurance for self and family, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and many other voluntary benefits. And if you qualify, practicing at GraceMed may entitle you to earn up to the maximum in federal educational loan forgiveness. Company provided scrubs and weekends off.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises assigned midlevel providers in the conduct of clinical care and delegates authority and responsibility when and where needed.
- Reviews assigned midlevel provider’s patient charts to check for quality of care.
- Provides medical evaluation, treatment and consultation services to patients of the clinic.
- Responds to emergencies and answers medical questions.
- Obtains and documents, appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient.
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals.
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Supervises patient care by non-clinic agencies such as home health care, nursing home, or hospice.
- Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to answer questions and relay information regarding their care.
- Completion of appropriate paperwork to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines.
- Completion of all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Participates in on-call schedule.
- Works closely with the supervisor to provide leadership and medical direction for the clinic.
- Attends all staff, clinical, board or other special meetings as requested.
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy degree.
- Current State of Kansas MD or DO licensure.
- Current DEA certificate.
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements.
- Board Certification in Specialty preferred.
- Experience in public health preferred.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during stressful situations.
Normal schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm., Thursday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Medical office setting. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
Location/Region: Topeka, KS (66604)