Family Medicine – Hospitalist
Excellent work-life balance - no nights - no call - patient load cap
- Family Medicine at The University of Kansas Health System integrates our clinical mission with leading-edge technology, research and educational programs.
- Positive atmosphere of collegiality and collaboration.
- Manage inpatient care.
- Provide consult coverage.
- Mentor medical students and support scholarly activity.
- Patient load is capped at 16.
- Average of 6-8 admissions and dismissals per day.
- Flexible schedule with 7 on/7 off.
- Collaborate with colleagues within a multidisciplinary team.
- Supported by a full complement of consult specialists from The University of Kansas Health System.
- Full menu of benefits.
- Board-certified or board-eligible in family medicine
- Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in Kansas
- Minimum 3 years experience (preferred)
- Familiarity with and strong commitment to hospitalist role and responsibilities
The University of Kansas Hospital
- 923-bed academic medical center.
- Region’s most experienced nationally verified Level I Trauma Center.
- Since 2007, recognized among U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals.
- Consistently earns national recognition for outstanding quality and safety.
- Magnet-designated by ANCC since 2006.
- The University of Kansas Cancer Center is an NCI-designated cancer center.
- Official healthcare provider for the Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, Kansas Speedway and T-Mobile Center.
- Kansas City metro area has a population of greater than 2 million.
- Awarded America’s 4th Most Cultured City by Travel + Leisure magazine.
- Outdoor activities year-round with more than 600 parks and 24 public lakes.
- Amazing food – from KC barbeque to local farm-fresh fare and ethnic varieties.
- Robust art scene -museums/symphony/ballet/theater and more.
Location/Region: Kansas City, KS (66160)