Envision Physician Services
is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia. If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career. Responsibilities We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Director, Site Billing
(or Director, Chart Management
, as it is known internally) in our office in Overland Park, KS. The Site Billing Director
is responsible for the effective and compliant management of all assigned facilities and local billing representatives. This is accomplished through close interaction with facilities and providers, training them on key documentation needed to bill effectively and timely. Responsibilities will include resolving root causes leading to incomplete documentation, and continuously improving the efficiency of the chart extraction and billing function by working closely with the practice, the facilities, and the coding organization.RESPONSIBILITIES: Facility
Provider Relations and Education:
- Manage and monitor department production and workflow, recognizing the unique requirements at each facility.
- Meet regularly (as determined by department policy) with assigned facility administrators, facility personnel, and operations, including but not limited regular travel to local and national assigned facilities.
- Build a sense of connectedness with offsite employees and facility personnel, including physicians and hospital staff.
- Identify any system changes at facilities that affect medical records, and work with both facility and internal staff to incorporate system changes, ensuring appropriate documentation requirements are met.
- Obtain remote access and work as a liaison between facility IT and our IT to obtain interfaces with facility EMRs when available.
- Maintain production schedules and deficiency resolution.
- Continuously assess Lean Process efficiency for all locations.
- Develop new methods and strategies to improve and maintain production and accuracy of work.
- Act as liaison with hospitals to facilitate problem resolution and goal setting.
- Interface and network with hospital departments and attend applicable meetings.
- Communicate with Chiefs, Physicians, or appropriate personnel at facilities regarding missing and deficient medical records, processing issues, and any operational concerns.
- Interface with the Provider Education Department and assist in the education of providers when requested.
- Assist Operations to ensure coding and documentation improvements are sustained.
- Provide billing reports and conduct audits as requested by Chiefs, Physicians, or appropriate personnel at the facilities.
- Create and maintain relationships with key facility employees including, but not limited to, department directors and managers to facilitate obtainment of data and implementation of processes.
- Identify any potential risk of front end billing problems for early intervention and resolution; escalate in a timely manner to Provider Education and Compliance, when necessary.
- Assist Operations and HR in obtaining and verifying I9 forms from providers.
RCM Management responsibilities:
- Act as knowledge resource for front end billing and compliance for assigned Line of Business (LOB).
- Audit Facility Administrators for all locations following Departmental Best Practices.
- Update and maintain assigned LOB Training Manuals.
- Create and maintain visuals for assigned LOB based on objective and quantifiable data.
- Oversees DPD for assigned LOB to ensure records are being received within the Best Practices and accurate data is being submitted.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for each assigned facility for facility administrators, billing, IT and HIM.
- Communicate activities, events and concerns to the appropriate responsible parties including, but not limited to, Operations.
- Where multiple service lines exist within the same facility, ensure a reasonable level of coordination and interaction with other managers.
- Participate in facility start-ups to ensure hiring, training, equipment, physician data, billing records and processes are set up prior to go live.
- Manage multiple LOBs across a diverse number of facilities and states.
- Implement necessary communication mechanisms to ensure that facility administrators are provided with up-to-date information on corporate policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Oversee and coordinate the order of supplies.
- Develop, evaluate, implement and maintain processes, policies and procedures to ensure standard operating procedures are adhered to with regard to quality and the timely submission of medical records.
- Oversee the training of staff on proper processing practices, billing data systems, and payer regulations as pertinent to the employee’s position.
- Maintain internal controls as set forth by senior management and audit.
- Ensure production requirements are met as they relate to monthly deadlines established by senior management.
- Prepare reports, statistics and surveys relating to department progress and strategic goals set by senior management.
- Keep Senior Director abreast of any changes in enrollment requirements that may affect process or enrollment time, and work closely with Director to continuously monitor department performance.
- Interview, hire, on-board and perform evaluations of assigned staff, recommending merit increases, promotions, and/or corrective actions.
- Motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Utilize continuous quality improvement processes to improve and maintain quality results.
- Identify trends in all functional areas to allow for training, development and continuous process improvement utilizing Lean tools and principles.
- Participate in development and implementation of objectives, short and long term planning and goals, as well as projects and programs to assist in the accomplishment of established goals.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Protected Healthcare Information as defined by HIPAA.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel up to 75% locally and nationally.
- Remote management of employees and facilities both locally and nationally.
- Understand healthcare compliance, education and billing.
- Very strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal, project management and mentoring skills. Ability to make decisions in a rapidly growing, professional, service oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University and 5 or more years of related experience in practice management; or six or more years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Proficiency with Report Writers, and creating data extracts and/or reports from system
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Healthcare Billing Systems (e.g. GE, Bolder, CareWritEHR, MISYS)
- Facility terminal use, as available/needed (ie, PDoc, EPIC, McKesson, Cerner, TSytem)
Certificates and Licenses:
- Direct and coordinate various personnel functions including, but not limited to: hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions, vacation schedules, back-up coverage, and training of new personnel of both corporate and remote personnel.
- Must have the ability to manage a minimum of fifteen remote front line employees, direct a central team, and work closely with Corporate resources.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record for duration of position.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective on your first day of employment, a company matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability, as well as generous PTO and Paid Holidays If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww.dhs.gov/E-Verify Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-CP1
Internal ID: 2020-22523
Location/Region: Overland Park, KS