Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
As a Behavioral Health Professional Family Therapist at Kansas Juvenile Corrections Complex you will contribute and glean highly varied expertise in a challenging and highly rewarding and vital profession, while providing an atmosphere of empathy and respect for the dignity of the person. The impact you provide is incredibly valuable to society and often significantly assists in reducing recidivism rates. Your day to day tasks include:
- Provision full range social work services to assigned patients to include psycho-social assessment, group, family, and individual therapy, discharge planning and all services to be documented in patient's medical record
- Participate in treatment team activities on assigned unit to include development and periodic review of patient treatment record
- Provision crisis intervention services upon staff or patient self-referral
- Coordinate aftercare planning for patients appropriate for discharge from the facility.
- Participate in unit morning report
- Prepare reports and records as requested
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- Master's Degree in a Behavioral Health Field
- Master’s Level licensure through the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board.
- Counseling experience in a Correctional setting preferred, but not required
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Location/Region: Lecompton, KS