Envision Physician Services
is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia. If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career. Responsibilities We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Director Practice Administration
in our office in Overland Park, KS. The Director Practice Administration
manages client relationships and requests, and provides consulting advice on a broad variety of contract and reimbursement issues. This role manages Practice Administrators for one Emergency Care (EmCare) based region and has full practice management responsibility for all non-EmCare clients billed at this site. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee service delivery and manage full client relationship with all Non-Emergency Care (EmCare) clients. Ensure that all billing functions run smoothly through the life cycle of the bill. Calculate CPV information, conduct quarterly client on-site meetings, provide monthly status updates to Hospital Practice Management teams, and monitor P&L performance. Provide consultative advice to clients regarding critical practice management matters such as fee schedule maintenance, enrollment issues and coding/reimbursement issues and audits.
- Manage and mentor Practice Administration Executives for one EmCare Region. Oversee client issue resolution and accurate calculation of CPVs. Participate in all client calls and meetings for the Region.
- Coordinate and resolve issues and conflicts to ensure client satisfaction with progress of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) implementations.
- Interface with site Medical Directors and ancillary hospital staff regarding best practices involving staff management of chart flow.
- Coordinate an annual Medical Directors Conference with the Vice President of Client Services, helping to develop agenda, content, and the acquisition of speakers.
- Actively participate in business development of new external clients and assist Vice President of Client Services on sales calls.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide corrective actions to assigned personnel, and work to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training and promotions. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of Medicare, Medicaid, and other government payors as well as commercial insurers and specialty contracts to ensure accurate and timely billing and payment of claims.
- Knowledge of medical and insurance industry terminology.
- Knowledge of hospital processes, including functions and processes of Emergency Rooms and Admissions offices.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other critical governmental regulations.
- Knowledge of management principles.
- Knowledge of EMSC/AMR business models.
- Able to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) in English.
- Able to convey thoughts in a well-organized, concise manner. Able to use appropriate grammar and punctuation in written documents.
- Perform in a consistently organized manner with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year College or University required; an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or Healthcare Administration preferred. Graduate Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ management experience in practice administration, client services or healthcare reimbursement, P&L management experience, and experience negotiating contracts. Previous management experience, preferably in the area of healthcare operations, contract services, and customer service.
- Billing systems (e.g., Embillz).
- Spreadsheet, word processing/presentation tools, (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
- Timekeeping, Payroll, Human Resource Information System tools (e.g., Kronos, Oracle).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective on your first day of employment, a company matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability, as well as generous PTO and Paid Holidays If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww.dhs.gov/E-Verify Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-CP1
Internal ID: 2019-22470
Location/Region: Overland Park, KS