The American Truck Historical Society (ATHS) is the premiere membership body for the Preservation of Trucks, the Trucking Industry and its pioneers. This 48 year old 501 (c) 3 seeks a creative and dynamic development director to provide leadership, strategic direction, management and coordination of all fundraising efforts. Responsibilities include developing and nurturing relationships with the philanthropic community, individual and corporate donors, sponsors, board members and volunteers; working closely with the Executive Director, Marketing and Communications department, and other staff, to achieve the fundraising goals of the Society, the capital campaign and the endowment; acting as motivating leader to volunteers and staff; working collaboratively Chapters and members across the Society and beyond to gain cooperation, influence and success in building initiatives. Candidates should have at least 5 years’ experience in not-for-profit management/fundraising, excellent people skills in all social strata, communication, writing, organizational, computer and Raiser’s Edge database management skills. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the American Truck Historical Society’s (ATHS) philanthropical practices including, a major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the ATHS volunteers in all development and philanthropic endeavors.
- Communicate, directly or through a volunteer network, prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Design and grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Design, initiate and manage a major capital campaign.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Increase the Scholarship program to build upon itself and grow the opportunities for students.
- Manage the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events, such as 50th anniversary.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with Executive Director, volunteers and Board of Directors.
- Develop public appearances/accept speaking engagements for Executive Director and self to share information about ATHS within the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising aspects of Raiser’s Edge database and tracking systems.
- Liaise with Marketing and Communications on the creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Improve and expand gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.