MUNICIPAL SERVICES AND OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $66,349 TO $72,984 ANNUALLY, DOQ
FULL SALARY RANGE: $66,348 TO $96,206 ANNUALLY
The MSO Water Quality Laboratory Manager provides oversight for a National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP) laboratory, performs a wide variety of analytical and technical duties involving the analysis of drinking water, wastewater, and related material samples for organic and inorganic constituents.
This position will be responsible for planning and assigning work activities for various laboratory programs and systems, monitoring and developing applicable safety procedures, develop and implement various applied research projects, and administer the laboratory budget. Position duties may require after-hours response as scheduled or as required in emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, environmental science or a related field.
- A minimum of 24 credit hours in chemistry and 16 credit hours in microbiology or biology.
- Class 4 Water and Wastewater operator certification and analytical laboratory experience maybe substitutes for the credit hours requirements.
- NELAC Assessor certification or 2+ years NELAP quality system experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in assigned functional area.
- Must have the ability to respond to a variety of water quality service and 24-hour emergency calls as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- The successful candidate must pass a City physical and drug screen.
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY: Open Until Filled
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks.
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year, 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street,
PO Box 708
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas
Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS