MUNICIPAL SERVICES & OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $21.02 TO $23.12/HR., (DOQ)
FULL SALARY RANGE: $21.02 TO $30.47/HR.
- This position performs a wide variety of hazardous waste disposal through various waste stream vendors.
- Receive various household hazardous waste products at facility and perform off-loading, categorization, and repacking of hazardous waste streams for designated vendor disposal.
- Assists in maintaining compliance with federal, state and local requirements and regulations regarding solid waste and hazardous waste standards.
- Incumbent will also assist in the development and implementation of City goals, objectives, policies, and priorities related to the Household Hazardous Waste Program.
- Operation of various industrial supplies and equipment required, including forklifts.
- Perform safety checks and maintain secure operation of all equipment at HHW facility site.
- HS Diploma or equivalency required.
- Knowledge or work experience of regulations pertaining to hazardous waste management required.
- A minimum of 10 credit hours in chemistry and experience with DOT shipping regulations for chemicals is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Currently in possession of, or the ability to obtain, 40 hr. HAZWOPER certification and forklift operators' license required.
- The successful candidate must pass a City physical and drug screen.
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY: Friday, May 24, 2019
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks.
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year, 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street,
PO Box 708
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS