FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
Summer Finance Intern
This is a paid summer internship designed for a student to work while completing their degree. The emphasis of this position will be to utilize financial, statistical, and communication skills to improve the understanding of strategies executed in and managed by the Capital Markets department. The focus will be on both Investment Management and Debt Issuance at FHLBank. The responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Assist with identification of sources of volatility in the investment and derivative portfolio.
- Assist in research and documentation of various risk exposures.
- Assist with development of analysis and presentations of various strategies.
- Assist with identification of potential portfolio transactions.
- Research and summarization of current financial topics.
- Review, analysis, and updating of various procedures and spreadsheets.
- Begin to develop an understanding of financial instruments the Bank utilizes.
- Begin to develop an understanding of the Bank's business, balance sheet, and general strategies.
Twelve hours of college accounting or finance or the completion of at least sophomore year of college working toward an undergraduate degree in finance or accounting is preferred.
- One year of similar or related work experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prefer a candidate with some knowledge of Bloomberg, or other financial data source.
- Knowledge and proficient use of MS Office products, including Work, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to operate all types of general office equipment.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank's website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS