If you are interested in being our brand ambassador where you will provide the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers as they arrive and depart our rental locations, then apply for a Customer Service Associate position today!
- Provide excellent customer service to customers by managing the rentals and returns processes
- Welcome all customers with a pleasant greeting and professional attitude at all times
- Resolve customer issues and concerns professionally using effective customer service techniques
- Assist customer’s to their rental vehicle and explain features so they are comfortable with the vehicle prior to exiting the lot
- Move cars to the ready line as needed
- Inspect vehicle and record any new damage or major cleaning requirements; complete required documentation
- Check fuel level and mileage, and provide the customer with an invoice and a full explanation of their charges
- Secure vehicle keys from the customer and ensure they stay with the vehicle while reminding customers to remove their personal belongings; offer assistance as needed
- As customers exit the lot, greet pleasantly and verify that the customer’s Driver’s License and rental contract name matches
- Scan rental vehicle numbers into a handheld computer to verify it matches the rental contract
- Answer questions and provide directions in a courteous and expeditious manner
- Perform any related tasks as directed by managers
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Valid Driver’s License (clean driving record may be required at certain locations)
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays
- Basic computer skills (typing, data entry)
- Minimum 6 months of customer service and/or sales experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a variety of tasks
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, enthusiasm, and outstanding communication skills with customers, co-workers and management
- Ability to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear/listen
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions; moderate noise level
What’s In It for YOU…!
- Employee discounts
- Training opportunities
- 401(k) (eligible after 1,000 hours of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (eligible after 90 days of service)
- Vacation car rental
- And much more!
Drug screening is a part of our hiring process.
Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we're always looking for passionate, innovative people to help us shape the future of our industry. Join us to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees, and a world of opportunities.
Avis Budget is an equal opportunity employer – Male/Female/Veterans/Disabled.
NOTE: The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.