MUNICIPAL SERVICES AND OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $52,893 TO $58,182 ANNUALLY, DOQ
FULL SALARY RANGE: $52,893 TO $76,695 ANNUALLY
The MSO Specialist will perform duties as the Department's Public Information Officer related to public outreach and education, communication/informational/marketing material development and review, website content, social media, presentation and article materials, and policies and procedures for MSO events, programs and initiatives. Key to this position is ensuring that the MSO speaks in one voice to provide transparency and proactive communication to our stakeholders and to be an advocate for MSO. This position will collaborate with the City's PIO, website manager, and other program managers as well as MSO staff. Position duties may require after-hours meetings or as required in emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Master's degree preferred. Two years of experience conveying information through public outreach and education.
- Experience managing social media and web pages, photography, proofreading and editing, writing news releases, responding to and speaking with various media outlets, proofreading articles, and graphic design.
- Experience with a municipality and/or public infrastructure and services preferred.
- Successful candidate must possess valid driver's license.
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY: Friday, April 19, 2019
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks.
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year, 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street,
PO Box 708
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS