FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
Quantitative Analyst Intern
This individual, under the supervision and direct guidance of the Director of Quantitative Analysis, performs the following primary activities including but not limited to: (1) serving as a quantitative support bridge for the MRA operations group by providing review and research of issues encountered by the operations group and assisting in the operational aspects of the operations group when necessary; (2) assisting with testing and evaluation of new model versions; and (3) supporting the assessment of the development and implementation of new model evaluation methods and guidance. Provides support and assistance as a contributor to the development and production of accurate and timely market risk metrics / measurements that are critical to the determination of the FHLBank's market risk profile.
- Bachelor's degree and completion of majority of course work toward an advanced degree in finance, mathematics, computer science, economics or other related discipline.
- Zero to three years of similar or related experience.
- Knowledge of financial markets, including interest rate derivatives.
- Knowledge of mathematical modeling constructs.
- Ability to apply database and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of financial modeling techniques and products, including theoretical constructs and the associated relational terms and applications.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of business partners and external parties to achieve MRA department and corporate goals.
- Inquiring mindset with the ability to think logically.
- Experience using MS Office including Word, Access, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to work and travel independently.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank's website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS