FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
FHLBank has four levels of Auditors. The Senior Auditor position may be filled as a level III or IV depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
At an intermediate level of proficiency, the individual in this position performs individual internal audit projects and Sarbanes-Oxley testing, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, developing and performing internal audit procedures (including continuous monitoring), and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed includes coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on compliance, financial and operational processes. This position follows up on the status of outstanding internal audit, examination and other issues, assists the external auditors, and works on special projects as assigned by internal audit management. Audit procedures assigned are of moderate complexity and require the exercise of professional judgment. This position may often direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- CPA or CIA professional certification is required.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
- Ability to work independently. Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of internal control system processes and risk management methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Must be able to work and travel independently.
- Must be able to operate all types of general office equipment.
- Same as level III, except for this level requires five to eight years of similar or related experience.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank's website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS