FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
Model Risk Program Manager
The individual in this position manages all aspects of the FHLBank's model risk management program, including but not limited to:
(1) maintaining the FHLBank's Model Risk Management Policy and related procedures;
(2) maintaining a complete inventory of models, including those in use, under development or recently retired;
(3) coordinating the development and maintenance of model documentation by model owners;
(4) approving model performance monitoring metrics and thresholds and challenging model owner assumptions, as appropriate;
(5) performing a comprehensive review of the FHLBank's models annually, including establishing a model validation timeline;
(6) managing model validation engagements using third-party subject matter experts, as appropriate;
(7) monitoring the status of model risk issues identified during validations and challenging remediation actions, as needed; and
(8) reporting relevant model risk issues to management and the board of directors (board).
Provides assistance, as needed, to the FHLBank's end user application (EUA) program, periodically validating certain high, inherent risk EUAs.
Works closely with department heads, supervisors and external consultants to ensure compliance with the FHLBank's Model Risk Management Policy and applicable Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) regulatory guidance, including Advisory Bulletin 2013-09, Model Risk Management Guidance.
Work performed is at an advanced level.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, mathematics, risk management or other related discipline.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline and/or a relevant professional certification (i.e., Chartered Financial Analyst, Financial Risk Manager) is preferred.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Experience in model development or model validation of a variety of model types, including credit scoring, collateral haircut, loss forecasting, market risk, valuation and income simulation models.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; excellent interviewing skills.
- Strong knowledge of modeling processes, controls and governance.
- Ability to work with all levels of management to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing field and consistently meet deadlines while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Inquiring mindset with the ability to think logically.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of/experience using MS Office including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Must be able to work and travel independently and operate all types of general office equipment.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank's website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.