PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
STARTING SALARY: $21.09 - $30.16 PER HOUR
(STARTING SALARY TYPICALLY AT ENTRY-LEVEL OF PAY RANGE)
Supervise crews; responsible for the maintenance operations including daily maintenance of aquatic facilities, performs skilled, semi-skilled, technical and/or manual labor work involving equipment/electrical maintenance, maintain proper water chemistry, scheduling and helping staff with the daily cleaning, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting equipment issues, and setup and maintenance of weekend swim meets at all aquatics facilities, work with operation staff to facilitate the daily use of all pools for the general public, as well as swim teams, school classes, rentals, special groups, and weekend swim meets. This position may require rotating shift work and emergency response.
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized training in facilities maintenance, building maintenance or a related field.
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience in the construction, maintenance and repair of municipal park facilities buildings and/or large-scale aquatic facilities including one year of lead supervisory responsibility.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Kansas Driver's license is required.
- Possession or ability to obtain a pool operators certification.
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY: Monday, January 7th, 2019
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available;
- FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH;
- free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas City Hall
2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street
PO Box 708
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS