Human Resources seeks candidates for the Assistant Director of Financial Aid position at Washburn Institute of Technology. Recruitment No. K0391118
- Designs, plans, and implements the application of federal, state, and University regulations, guidelines and requirements for the Federal Direct Loan Program, Alternative Loan Program, Federal Grant Programs, Award Packaging process, Return to Title IV process, Verification process, and Satisfactory Academic Progress at Washburn Institute of Technology.
- Establishes and updates Banner processes and control records to support financial aid activities such as budgeting, packaging and award letter/e-notification. Works with other University departments and staff to initiate the Banner new aid year startup process and entry. Serves as lead for Banner testing of multiple releases and patches. Works directly with ITS staff, responding to inquiries to facilitate improvement of financial aid processes.
- Troubleshoots and identifies Banner processing issues that affect the Financial Aid function. Initiates, reviews and analyzes exception reports to determine solutions and resolutions to problematic issues. Designs, implements, and monitors a unit performance matrix to assess processing efficiencies, and develops process modifications to increase unit performance and improved customer service.
- Works closely with other departments to resolve cross-departmental issues, provides and obtains information, and ensures timely process completion and reporting as required by federal mandate. Researches records and/or federal, state and University regulations, procedures and requirements, evaluates findings and initiates or directs action to assist and support in the resolution of especially complex, problematic or difficult Financial Aid issues.
- Delivers Financial Aid presentations on and off campus. Serves as a Financial Aid liaison to students.
- Performs additional job related duties as assigned in support of the University.
- Bachelor's degree and either two years' experience in Financial Aid or four years' related comprehensive experience and background in financial services, Business Office functions or student records. Any related experience must include compliance with regulatory agencies to be considered.
- Two years' experience with Student Information Systems.
- This position requires access to U. S. Department of Education (ED) databases; Common Origination & Disbursement (COD), National Student Loan Data Systems (NSLDS), and Central Processing Services (CPS) and in order to have access to these databases, applicants cannot be in default or owe an overpayment in any Title IV Federal Financial Aid program.
- Proficiency in application and use of integrated software systems.
- Experience with Banner software.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, Resume Supplement form (available at www.washburn.edu/hr-forms), copy of unofficial transcript(s) for highest level of post-secondary education (official transcript for all levels of post-secondary education may be requested upon hire), and names and phone numbers of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Washburn University Human Resources, 118 Morgan Hall, 1700 SW College, Topeka, Kansas 66621.
Applicants are encouraged to submit complete applications by January 2, 2019.
Applications will continue to be reviewed until interviews are scheduled.
Salary is lower $40,000's, commensurate with qualifications. Washburn provides an excellent fringe benefits package.
Employment at Washburn University will be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
Washburn University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To enrich education through diversity, candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS