FULL SALARY RANGE: $18.34 TO $26.23 PER HOUR
The MSO Facilities Maintenance Division is seeking to fill the position of HVAC Technician / Senior Maintenance Worker. The role is an advanced journey-level position responsible for maintenance, repair, alteration, and construction of city facilities and structures. This position will perform the most semi-skilled & skilled work, complex duties & tasks required of a skilled maintenance technician. This position is also responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of assigned buildings & grounds, including parking and landscape areas. Key responsibilities include assisting with building assessments, preventative maintenance, projects, special events, and assignments in specialized technical fields. The HVAC Technician manages the automated control systems for several City facilities and supports traditional mechanical systems in all other City facilities. The role serves as part of Facilities Maintenance team and may be assigned duties to assist other trades and maintenance functions, such as comprehensive facility and mechanical system maintenance, snow removal, and other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a journeyman HVAC license.
- Experience with specific commercial HVAC maintenance and automated control systems Metasys, Automated Logic, Honeywell preferred.
- Must have 4+ years of building management experience, knowledge of computer operated environmental systems, and programming automatic security systems.
- This position also requires sound knowledge of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (boilers and chillers).
- The ideal candidate will possess a wide range of mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills.
- The successful candidate must pass a background check and the post-offer City physical and drug screen.
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain an appropriate commercial driver's license.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY: Wednesday, December 14th, 2018
Open Until Filled
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street, PO Box 708
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.