FULL SALARY RANGE: $18.34 TO $26.23 PER HOUR
- The MSO Facilities Maintenance Division is seeking to fill the position of Electrician / Senior Maintenance Worker.
- This position is an advanced journey level position which will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, alteration and construction within city facilities and structures.
- This position is responsible for the overall electrical maintenance and repair of assigned buildings and surrounding grounds including parking and landscape areas.
- The Electrician serves as part of the team for Facilities Maintenance and may be assigned duties to assist other trades and maintenance functions.
- Requires equivalency to the completion of the twelfth grade, supplemented by specialized training in the electrical area.
- Requires 3-4 years' experience as a Journeyman Electrician with certificate and/or license as a minimum of journeyman level electrician from a recognized certifying body or institution.
- Must have possession of, or the ability to obtain, an appropriate commercial driver's license.
- Prefer experience in computer operated environmental systems.
- The successful candidate must pass a background check, city physical and drug screen.
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY: Wednesday, December 14th, 2018
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
Open Until Filled
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
2nd Floor City Hall
6 East 6th Street, PO Box 708
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.