MUNICIPAL SERVICES & OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
HOURLY PAY RANGE: $18.34 TO $26.23 PER HOUR
(STARTING SALARY ENTRY LEVEL TO MID- RANGE, DOQ)
- The Traffic Signal Technician is a journey-level position in the Traffic Signal Technician series.
- The position provides increasingly complex and responsible technical duties in support of the activities and services of the traffic engineering division, including signal systems, street lighting, and related functions.
- The positions perform and document preventive maintenance programs, analyze and resolve signal failures and system failures, and repair electrical, electro-mechanical, and electronic traffic signal components.
- The positions must work as part of a team within the Traffic Operations group and provide responsible technical and maintenance assistance to the supervisory and management staff of the engineering division.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade with additional specialized training in electronics, installation and maintenance of traffic signal devices or a related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, IMSA Level I Traffic Signal Technician Certification within one year of appointment, and IMSA Level II Traffic Signal Technician Certification within two years of appointment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain valid driver's license is required.
- The successful candidate must pass a background check, post-offer City physical and drug screen.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY: Wednesday, December 14th, 2018
Open Until Filled
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor
6 East 6th Street, PO Box
708 Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS