MUNICIPAL SERVICES & OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
PAY RANGE: $21.10 TO $30.17 PER HOUR
(STARTING SALARY TYPICALLY AT ENTRY LEVEL OF PAY RANGE)
- This position will be responsible for maintaining a Geographic Information System (GIS) and performing engineering support within the Department including designing, drafting, or digitizing plats and maps; data entry of pertinent structural detail; calculating complex mathematical and logarithmic equations for engineering projects and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to the assigned area.
- The GIS Analyst will use database management and application development skills to implement automated field data collection within the department.
- Key responsibilities of this position include responding to requests for information, maps, records and other materials from city staff, contractors, outside agencies and the general public.
- Additionally, the incumbent will perform office-surveying duties, prepare and distribute engineering related correspondence and reports, and operate various engineering, computer and peripheral equipment.
- Bachelors degree required with major course work in computer science, geography, physical science, or related field.
- Two years experience with GIS software required.
- Prefer experience with ArcGIS, AutoCad, Python programming, computer drafting and engineering principles.
- The successful candidate must posses a valid driver's license and pass the post-offer City physical and drug screen.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available;
- FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH;
- free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY:
Wednesday, December 12th, 2018
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City Hall, 2nd Floor City of Lawrence, Kansas
6 East 6th Street, PO Box 708 Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS