FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
Housing and Community Development (HCD) Specialist
The individual in this position implements and maintains FHLBank's Affordable Housing Program's functions by doing the following:
- Provides a financial analysis to support the determination of eligibility, merit of award, need for subsidy, disbursement of funds and viability of AHP/HSP (Affordable Housing Program/Homeownership Set-aside Program) applications and projects.
- Analyzes household income information for rental and homeowner applicants to determine eligibility and confirm low income occupancy commitments of AHP/HSP as applicable.
- Analyzes documentation to ensure projects meet the commitments made by AHP applicants and projects.
- Provides educational and technical assistance regarding AHP programs to FHLBank members, nonprofit housing organizations, local governments, FHLBank staff and other interested parties.
- Assists in report preparation for month end data quality analysis for HCD Management and ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Assists in the development of the FHLBank policies, procedures and marketing materials, as needed.
- Assists in the development of and enhancements to system applications to ensure accurate processes and controls are in place.
A minimum of one year of experience in one or more of the following:
- Commercial lending (multifamily preferred)
- Mortgage lending
- Housing development
- Multifamily asset management
- Bachelor's degree with academic course work in business, finance or a related field.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and proficient use of MS Office applications including Word, Access, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work and travel independently.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank's website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS