(NYSE: BERY) is a $7.9B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 135 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 24,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is “Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important!”
As a member of the Sales and Marketing team, the Marketing Director will drive the development and execution of both short term and long term strategies for assigned Berry Global products. This position will work closely with Sales and Product Development to drive the successful launch of new products and support those launches with the most appropriate marketing support to drive awareness in the marketplace.
* Develop and implement market strategies to strengthen the segment’s market presence, keeping the product lines top of mind with current, new and former customer base
* Lead the marketing efforts for brand positioning of product line segments, new product launches, increase customer engagement, and improve market share to maximize revenue
* Drive business development through customer interfacings and lead generation
* Ensure annual strategic planning process includes fully developed go-to-market strategy with marketing plans including full year timelines, budgets and metrics
* Liaise with other departments, product line management, sales, customer service, and sales training, to develop and implement market strategies, tools and collateral material across multi-channel platforms to guide a unified approach
* Balance the organizations practical, business mindset with a creative business acumen and lead people through complex marketing operations
* Ensure marketing efforts are measurable and results delivered to key stakeholders
* Define and introduce market segment portfolio strategy to Sales
* Design comprehensive marketing strategies to support product line objectives and drive demand generation
* Build customer network and represent the brand externally.
* Implement marketing strategies to create awareness and drive demand for product line offerings
* Supervise direct reports and provide guidance and feedback to other segment marketing professionals
* Plan and lead marketing campaigns for product line extensions, product line brand promotion, new product line launches, and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, print, events, etc.)
* Monitor progress of marketing channel efforts and submit performance reports
* Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
* Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects, based on market demand potential
* Ensure PLM AOP marketing efforts are completed on time and on budget.
* “Listen” to the trends of the market and direct the market research efforts of the product segments
* Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the market segment’s unique “voice”
* Build a highly efficient team of marketing professionals
* Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
1. Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field. Masters or MBA is a plus.
2. Strong Sales, Product Management and/or Marketing background preferred.
3. Knowledge of market research, marketing strategy, and new product development.
4. Understanding of analytical tools to benchmark customer and market needs and relate them to existing operational infrastructure.
5. Ability to design and translate effective strategies and tactics to the commercial teams.
6. Capability to build/maintain excellent rapport with sales and marketing teams.
7. Demonstrated meeting facilitation skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS