FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
Senior General Accountant
At an advanced level of proficiency, the individual in this position is primarily responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling financial data to ensure accurate recording of the FHLBank's transactions, including preparing and reviewing various journal entries and reconciling subsidiary ledgers and various accounts; and reviewing accounts payable and cash disbursements. Requires a significant level of judgment and interpretation of FHLBank's daily transactions, account coding and expense versus capitalized process, as well as compliance with various policies.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or four-year college degree, plus equivalent work experience required.
- Four to seven years of similar or related experience.
- CPA, CMA or AP Certification preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories is required.
- MS Office products, including Word, Access and Excel and software accounting applications.
- Efficient 10-key operation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of working independently and operating all types of office equipment.
- Ability to work the number of hours required to meet the demands of the job.
- Ability to travel as needed.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank's website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS