This position assists the Compliance department in administering FHLBank's compliance program and works collaboratively with business units to develop, implement and test policies, procedures, processes and practices to support FHLBank's compliance program, ensuring effective compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and internal controls (Compliance Obligations). Many Compliance Program assignments are of moderate complexity and require reasonable judgement. Work performed is typically at an intermediate level. In addition, this position works with all areas of FHLBank and potentially all levels of management.Qualifications
Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Bachelors degree is required.
- Prior experience with compliance testing and implementing and maintaining policies, practices and procedures to support a company-wide compliance function is highly preferred.
- Sound knowledge of compliance related best practices.
- Experience and/or understanding of the regulatory process is preferable.
- Ability to identify and analyze legal and compliance issues and develop solutions.
- High degree of initiative and independence.
- Results oriented and capability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and complete tasks according to project deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to appropriately assess and address ad-hoc compliance issues in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of FHLBank staff.
- Proficient use of computer programs and databases, including MS Word, Outlook, SharePoint/Moss, and various FHLBank databases.
- Ability to motivate and persuade others through both written and oral communications.
- Strong organizational skills and solid attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to operate all types of office equipment including computer, copy machine, scanner and telephone.
- Ability to work hours needed to meet the demands of the job.
FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
Find more details & apply online:
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS