FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
Test Automation Engineer III
At an advanced level of proficiency, the individual in this position applies technical and team leadership skills in working with Test Automation Engineers and Solution Delivery staff to develop, maintain and support projects and applications in need of automated testing. The position will identify, make recommendations and implement process improvements and will provide guidance and mentoring to other team members in regards to best practices for automated testing.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts to support projects and applications in need of automated testing, including preparing test plans, scenarios, and test data.
- Collaboratively work with developers and operations staff to define and implement an automated build and release capability that includes automated testing.
- Remain current with testing techniques and industry standards.
- Identify opportunities for the application of automated tests.
- Provide research on automated testing best practices and educate and mentor Test Automation Engineers and Solution Delivery staff on those best practices.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced level of competency with five to seven years of testing experience; two to three of those years being in automated testing or software development.
- Three to five years of general financial experience comprising a combination of education and hands-on experience is preferred. (Experience may be in operational or information technology aspects of the financial sector).
- Advanced understanding of software testing is required.
- Intermediate understanding of test automation concepts and tools is required.
- Intermediate understanding of some combination of database design, programming concepts and web development is required.
- Demonstrated ability in database querying methods is required.
- Ability to think orderly, logically, and analytically, as well as possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Resourcefulness and creativity when researching new products and techniques.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office is required. (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) Experience with Agile development methods is preferred.
- Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment.
- Must be goal-oriented and have a strong sense of team solidarity.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank's website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS