The Grants Administrator I (Post Award) is responsible for allocating grant monies and providing the administrative and financial oversight of the grant monies to ensure their proper use. This position will work with the principal investigators and their respective support staff on post-award administration; and function as a liaison to federal, states and private grantor agencies and subcontractor entities.
- Timely coordination and communication with involved parties regarding grant management issues must be maintained.
- This individual will be expected to work collaboratively with faculty and research administrators to accomplish the goals of the department.
- Set-up and maintenance of awards (grant accounts) in the PeopleSoft Financial systems.
- Review and monitor expenses charged to the grant accounts in accordance with the budget approved by the funding agency and their guidelines.
- Monitor grant accounts to ensure cost principles are adhered to.
- Effectively and professionally interface with principal investigators, administrators, and research staff regarding issues relating to budgets, reporting, and interpretation of the funding agency rules and regulations.
- Preparation and submission of monthly or quarterly billings on cost reimbursement sub-contracts/subaward agreements, including reconciliation to general ledger.
- Monitor the status of unbilled and receivables monthly.
- Review and process expense and budget reallocation requests in accordance with sponsor guidance and institutional policies.
- Preparation and submission of annual or quarterly financial reporting to funding agencies.
- Prepare account closing documents required by funding sources.
- Review and process requests for no-cost extensions and carry-over requests.
- Serve as the point of contact for the funding agency on award administration issues.
- Understand and effectively communicate sponsor requirements, university policies and regulatory agency requirements governing award management and reporting.
- Maintain current in depth knowledge of NIH and other sponsors policies for award administration Possess an understanding of Pre-Award functions including the following: Preparation and processing of funding applications by analyzing and interpreting proposal requirements; verifying compliance with human subjects, vertebrate animal care and use, bio safety, conflict-of-interest; verifying compliance with agency and University procedures/guidelines.
- Reviewing sponsored project proposals for completeness of all required documents, full Facilities and Administration (F&A) rates, obtaining required administrative approvals, and transmitting proposals to sponsors; identify processes for greater efficiency and assist in redefining procedures for timely responses to proposals, awards and subcontracts while adhering to a high level of regulatory compliance.
- Working with principal investigators and their support staff to coordinate Just-In-Time responses, submitting supplementary data, and responding to other post-submission/pre-award funding agency issues or requests.
- Review and process Notice of Grant Award from federal agencies to ensure timely account set-up for project initiation.
- Understand and effectively communicate funding source requirements, university policy and regulatory agency requirements governing funding application submission.
- Collaborate with University, community partners and agencies in the identification and development of funding opportunities.
- Identify appropriate objectives, tasks and resource requirements significant to the implementation of the research.
Location/Region: Fairway, KS