This role is primarily responsible for the issuance and management of the Banks short-term liability portfolio, including short-term consolidated obligation bonds and discount notes. Primarily responsible for maintaining adequate levels of liquidity to meet member needs and satisfy funding, liquidity, capital and funding gap requirements defined by statute, regulation, the Federal Housing Finance Agency and internal policy. Assists with the development, implementation and execution of funding and liquidity risk strategies which includes the issuance of consolidated obligation bonds and discount notes and execution of derivatives, and corresponding reporting. Also responsible for monitoring and managing internal compliance responsibilities/policies and developing and implementing strategic improvements to Capital Markets processes, procedures and strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or business.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of financial markets, including money markets, money market instruments, bond and derivative markets and products.
- Financial modeling experience (Excel, Visual Basic, Bloomberg, etc).
- Considerable tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze information and make decisions not defined by policy or procedures which affect FHLBank's funding and liquidity.
- Must be able to work and travel independently.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS