This position may be filled at an Associate or Analyst level depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This position works with process owners across FHLBank to understand and evaluate business processes, their related operational and financial reporting risks and mitigating internal controls. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining business process documentation, identifying and assessing operational and financial reporting risks and testing and evaluating the design and effectiveness of internal controls. Work performed ensures FHLBank adheres to its Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (i.e., internal control over financial reporting), risk assessment, fraud awareness and operational risk event reporting programs policies, procedures and regulations.
What qualifications are needed?
Additional qualifications required for each level:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other related discipline is required.
- Master's degree and/or professional certification (i.e., CPA, CIA, CRMA) is preferred for the Analyst level.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of internal control system processes and risk management methodologies.
- Associate: One to three years of experience in risk management, internal audit, external audit or other similar or related fields.
- Analyst: Three to five years of experience in risk management, internal audit, external audit or other similar or related fields.
- Analyst: General knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS