At an advanced level of proficiency, the individual in this position applies technical and team leadership skills in working with development staff to develop, maintain, and support the Bank's software application systems and related tools. The position will identify, make recommendations and implement process improvements and will provide guidance and mentoring to other team members in development methods and best practices.
What qualifications are needed?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or its equivalent.
- Graduate degree or professional certification is preferred.
- Advanced level of competency with at least seven years of similar or related experience with a minimum of two years of advanced software development experience.
- Advanced understanding of some combination of database design, programming concepts, and web development is required.
- Ability to think orderly, logically and analytically and strong problem solving skills.
- Resourcefulness and creativity when researching new products and techniques.
- Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment.
- Must be goal-oriented and have a strong sense of team solidarity.
- Functional understanding of the technologies utilized by FHLBank.
- Experience with Agile Development methods is a plus.
FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS