Community Living Opportunities is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping adults and children with severe developmental disabilities achieve personally satisfying and fulfilling lifestyles.
CLO is searching for a Residential Director to provide leadership and support to promote the achievement of high outcomes for the men and women served in our Lawrence location. CLO’s mission is create a meaningful life for those we serve - men and women with severe disabilities.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
• Promoting the smooth operation of a site by hiring, training, supporting and supervising a team of managers who will operate the homes our clients reside in.
• Ensuring that all homes are properly supported with teachers according to approved staffing ratios and providing leadership and problem-solving support in handling staff vacancies;
• Overseeing compliance with all relevant CLO Policies and Training Guidelines as well as state and federal licensing standards and regulations for assigned homes by providing guidance, training, evaluation, follow-up and development/implementation of corrective action plans when necessary, as well as serving as a communication liaison for representatives of licensing entities (e.g. Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services, Department of Children and Family Services and Managed Care Organizations, etc.);
• Facilitating budget compliance by assisting in the development of the annual budget and by reviewing budget, payroll and census compliance reports and providing feedback, training and follow-up with the Managers and their teams regarding budget/census compliance along with development and implementation of corrective action plans as needed;
• Facilitating CLO’s strategic planning process by ensuring the development of goals, monitoring the accomplishment of priority goals via status reports and ongoing data review, and communicating progress on goals and quality outcomes to relevant personnel;
• Providing and promoting strong communication and team-work between departments through implementing effective and timely meetings and other forms of written or verbal communication, and serving as a liaison and mediator between departments, as necessary;
• Supporting the Managers and their teams in the completion and documentation of CLO’s standardized “minimum expectations” as well as in the preparation for Family Teaching Model Professional Certification and Home Quality Reviews by providing training and feedback, reviewing and evaluating data/records and implementing strategies to improve home and individual quality outcomes;
• Promoting high satisfaction among CLO’s customers (e.g. persons served, guardians, families, community members, employees, etc) by regularly assessing their satisfaction (both informally as well as formally in conjunction with CLO’s Quality Evaluation dept.) and implementing proactive action plans and effective communication and follow-up in order to address any concerns.
Some qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology (preferred Masters level or higher), human development or a related discipline preferred;
• Three-five years of prior MR/DD experience, including experience with ICF/MR and HCBS funding sources;
• Prior experience in the areas of supervision and management;
• the ability to effectively communicate through verbal and written mediums;
• knowledge of Safety First techniques and CLO’s adaptation of the Teaching Family Model.
To learn more about CLO and to apply online, please visit our website at www.clokan.org, or feel free to call 785.865.5520 with inquiries.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS