This position may be filled at an Associate or Analyst level depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. The individual in this position supports the Operations Risk (OR) Manager by performing tasks related to the FHLBank's OR management programs. Tasks include working with business partners to implement, maintain and communicate OR related policies, frameworks and procedures FHLBank-wide to ensure risks are identified, assessed, monitored and managed in accordance with the FHLBank's Risk Appetite.
Additional qualifications required for each level:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other related discipline is required.
- Master's degree and/or professional certification (i.e., CPA, CIA, CRMA) is preferred for the Analyst level.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of internal control system processes and risk management methodologies.
- Associate: One to three years of experience in risk management, internal audit, external audit or other similar or related fields.
- Analyst: Three to five years of experience in risk management, internal audit, external audit or other similar or related fields.
- Analyst: General knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
FHLBank offers an attractive benefit package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS