Location: Lawrence, Kansas; This is not a remote position.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Additional hours as needed.
Apply at: www.DCCCA.org/careers
The Operations Assistant II provides accounting and billing support to the Behavioral Health program, while contributing to projects related to the facilitation of local agency programming and activities.
Education, Experience, and Abilities
- Creates a safe client environment by performing all required security and safety procedures Functions as CareLogic System Administrator; providing technical support to program staff, coordinating support tickets, establishing new users, and communicating system maintenance.
- Performs daily monitoring of CareLogic entries to ensure data accuracy, including, but not limited to data areas of duplicate clients, addresses, gender, ID numbers, income, referral source identification, and race; monitors outdated entries; review release notes, etc.
- Creates CareLogic configurable forms and service documents, under the direction of Behavioral Health leadership.
- Creates behavioral health data reports, using CareLogic functionality, under the direction of Behavioral Health leadership.
- Distributes developed reports to designated recipients and according to the schedule agreed upon with Behavioral Health leadership.
- Ensures behavioral health personnel receive passwords and use instructions, as appropriate, for KMAP and identified managed care company provider portals.
- Discontinues their access and passwords upon employment termination.
- Facilitates claim and authorization activities, Medicaid eligibility verification, and weekly staff reports regarding activities and claims, as requested.
- Participates in individual clinical staff credentialing and re-credentialing, in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Activities may include ensuring CareLogic credentialing information is accurate and up to date and updating counselor KMAP documentation.
- Maintains updated facility KMAP credentialing, including the submission of annual facility licenses.
- Communicates with insurance providers and other third party payers to obtain benefits, copays, etc.
- Communicates with contracted payers for invoice, claims, authorization, etc.
- procedures (e.g. Department of Corrections or drug courts) Receipts payments and create deposit.
- Requests and mails client self-pay statements from CareLogic.
- Prepares client refund invoice for AP processing.
- Assists as needed with calls to the KanCare MCOs to identify reasons a claim may have been denied for further reprocessing.
- Serves as front desk support.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- 3 years' relevant work experience, required.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others.
- Job may require the employee to be able to regularly drive to various DCCCA locations and other business locations throughout the day including early morning or evening hours.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
- Proficiency with database programs, phone systems, and other office equipment.
DCCCA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and tobacco and drug-free workplace.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS